So, you've checked your gear, made sure you've got the right arrows, and practiced the right shooting stance. Standing tall, you then slowly draw your bow string.
And snap! The arrow flies towards where you want it to be, and your bow string grazes your forearm! Ouch!
It happens to even the best of us. Either from a bow string snag or irritating arrow fletching, your forearm is actually prone to all sorts of disaster! And aside from injuries, the messy sensation you have to deal with these mishaps can also lead to improper shooting form (never a good practice in archery!).
And this is why arm guards were created in the first place! Coming in different designs and construction, the best arm guards for archery will allow you to shoot your arrows - without having to deal with the frustration of unwanted injuries.
As such, we'd like to share some of the most-recommended arm guards today. And as much we'd like to suggest the best arm guard for archery, it does depend on one's preference. Besides arm guards, gloves and releases are great at giving protection too.
Remember, we all have a unique take on archery - which makes checking out all these gear a fun and enlightening activity! Check out some excellent arm guard choices below!
Sportsman's Outdoor Products Tarantula Sleeve Wrap Armguard Review
For hunters, the perfect archery arm guard is one that will match their overall look. And we’re not talking about swag here! Outdoor shooting considers camouflage as an essential, so it would be best to have the right set of equipment. The Sportsman's Outdoor Products Tarantula Sleeve Wrap Armguard is actually a piece of gear that best represents functional design meant for the wild.
This arm guard comes with a camo motif that blends in seamlessly with other hunting gear. For shooting in the wild, this subtle design effect counts a lot.
But more than its great-looking design, this arm guard is specifically built to keep your clothing away from the bow string. Nothing is more frustrating than having your jacket snagging your bow!
In other words, this arm guard protects (both you and your bow) and blends with your hunting gear and environment. Doesn’t that make you more confident already?
Other things you need to know about this arm guard:
- It is made out of plastic (nylon-wrapped). This means it’s tough and flexible.
- At 8 inches long, this arm guard is made for adults.
- The arm guard comes with 3 straps and buckles. Your gear stays secured; you stay comfy when shooting!
OMP Mountain Man 2-Strap Ventilated Leather Suede Arm Guard Review
If you’re on a budget but need a reliable archery arm guard, then look no further. The OMP Mountain Man 2-Strap Ventilated Leather Suede Arm Guard may just be the right gear for you.
This arm guard’s really comfortable! This is because, unlike your typical arm guard designs, is that this gear’s ventilated. As such, this is a great arm guard to have on especially during summer days.
And unlike other arm guards, this equipment isn’t made out of leather. Made out of suede, the arm guard does seem sturdy enough. Although it may not look like the part, the arm guard’s durable enough to withstand heavy usage.
For beginners, this is a great gear to have to get the feel of what it is wearing an arm guard. Sizing is just right for adults. For children you may need to trim the velcro.
Important details you need to know about this arm guard:
- Instead of the typical buckles, 2 Velcro straps are used instead. It may take some time adjusting the arm guard with these straps!
- The arm guard’s really light - a great choice if you want to focus on flexibility.
- Look carefully and appreciate the bevel stitches on the arm guard. It’s these small and subtle details that make you know some level of craftsmanship and care is done on your gear!
HZMAN Unisex Faux Leather Gauntlet Wristband Review
Sometimes, the best arm guards do not really need to have tons of “extra” features. If it works, then it works! And that idea is expressed as so in the medieval-like HZMAN Unisex Faux Leather Gauntlet Wristband.
Made out of synthetic leather, this fancy-looking bracer doesn't just look good. It feels real comfortable as well!
Now, you may be thinking - isn't this just arm guard like what medieval archers used to sport? Well, it does look the part. And considering soldiers during that time did need to take archery seriously (in a war, anyway), you are definitely assured of the protection this gear offers.
Kidding aside, this is a high-quality arm guard that assures you of optimum performance and protection when shooting your bow.
Get medieval! Here are some points you need to know about this cool and efficient arm guard:
- The side laces do not only look great. They're functional and can be adjusted to fit your arm.
- The bracer is actually made out of two leather hides (an inside and outside layer).
- The rivets may be prone to rust - take extra care when shooting in wet locations.
- Comes in two arm guards (interchangeable; an arm guard can be used on either arm).
SAS 8" Armguard Archery Bow Range with 3-Strap Buckles Review
The SAS 8" Armguard provides a good and quality balance in style and performance. Awesome in design, and perfect for both pro and beginners alike, we'd highly recommend getting this arm guard!
Just check out the design. The stealth appearance does not stand out. It both blends in with your setup and creates a great impression.
But more than its awesome looks, this arm guard is constructed with an emphasis on providing both protection and control. You can be sure to stay comfy when drawing your bow, with the arm guard's vented to keep your arm cool.
The arm guard is made out of a smooth but tough material. So this means your bow string won't snag, your skin won't feel irritated, and you'll still stay safe from any friction from the bow string.
Here are other reasons why this is such an awesome arm guard to own:
- The arm guard comes with a three strap system. These adjustable elastic straps and buckles will typically fit any size. The straps are durable, so these won’t stretch and lose its grip easily.
- Functional design - there are four holes on the arm guard to circulate air.
- The arm guard's light and flexible, so no issues when wearing this on your forearm.
Allen Company Mesh Archery Arm Guard Review
Primarily designed for young shooters and beginners, the Allen Company Mesh Archery Arm Guard is also a budget-friendly option that even older archers can use.
The arm guard is constructed to make it real easy to wear. With two straps that can be adjusted even with just one hand, you can be sure it's really easy to put on or remove. This is really nice - nothing can be as frustrating as spending minutes putting on a hard-to-use armguard!
Also, this really light arm guard has an outside mesh. The smooth comfort this provides lets a bow string glide just right.
For its price, it does seem you’re getting a whole lot more with this arm guard! Just the right level of protection, without losing out on style and comfort!
Check out the other highlights this nice arm guard has:
- This arm guard comes in different colors. A nice feature that youth archers will appreciate!
- Even though it can be adjusted, the arm guard's primarily marketed for younger shooters. So, if you're an older archer and aiming to use this arm guard, make sure to go for larger sizes.
- There seems to be not much ventilation found on the arm guard. But since it's easy to adjust, then you can help a bit by moving it around to uncover the sweaty areas.
Bohning Archery Slip On Arm Guard Review
For a no-frills and definite focus on performance archery gear, consider the Bohning Archery Slip On Arm Guard.
Unlike other arm guards in the market, this does not even come with adjustable straps and buckles. Making use of compression fit technology (well, a fancy way of saying it's a sleeve!), you'd simply just slip your arm in and you're good to go!
And this does sound like a good idea. With adjustments taken out of the picture, you can simply focus on the target. It’s lightweight and comfy as well, with a good fit keeping a good snug on your arm.
Protection, of course, is still prioritized. The arm guard is smooth. And since there are no clips or straps, you are assured of keeping your bow string safe from snags!
And it may not look like it, but the arm guard does have a durable fabric. Don't underestimate it - this arm guard won't easily break under pressure.
Here are other reasons for you to consider getting this arm guard:
- Made out of flexible fabric, this arm guard can simply be stretched to fit.
- Comes in different sizes and colors. But please do take note that an extra large size only comes in black.
OMP Youth Armguard Review
And The OMP Youth Armguard was designed with young shooters in mind, so this can be a great choice for your children, or if you have a light frame.
Meant for child shooters and adults with a small or light frame, this arm guard has the right set of features for archery.
Made out of soft and smooth fabric, bow string snags are prevented. For younger archers, this is a must! Aside from helping maintain the proper shooting form, injuries are also prevented.
Fitting may be an issue for adults. If you do plan to get this arm guard, make sure to get a larger size!
In summary, it’s a simple arm guard that gets the basics just right!
Here are more nifty details that you may want to know about this archery arm guard:
- It comes in several colors - your children will surely picking the right hue when shooting!
- Simple hook and loop straps help fasten the arm guard on your arm. Do take note that it may take some adjustment to keep the arm guard in place, though!
- The arm guard may take some time breaking in - flexibility may not as good as you'd expect.
Santu Cowhide Archery Arm Guard Review
Want an archery arm guard that will stay in place? Look no further - the Santu Cowhide Archery Arm Guard is a secure and trustworthy gear that won’t mess up your shot!
Essentially covering your entire arm, this arm guard is an excellent choice to consider if you're aiming for gear that provides total protection and stability.
Built tough, it does also come with an additional (and very important) perk. This arm guard may not look the part, but it is actually very flexible.
Also, the ventilation system on this arm guard assures you that you won't find it irritating to wear. There are three air vents found on the arm guard. You’re basically shooting at the most comfortable manner! As such, both protection and comfort are assured with this outstanding archery gear.
This is an arm guard that definitely gets the job done!
Here are some other reasons for you to check out this excellent arm guard:
- The adjustable four strap system on this arm guard makes sure that it fits just right on your arm.
- The arm guard is made out of top-of-the-line cowhide. It is truly tough and able to withstand heavy usage.
- The fabric used in this arm guard is smooth and durable. It definitely won't irritate your skin.
Sportsman's Outdoor Products Tarantula Youth Armguard Review
Young shooters who want an arm guard that replicates what adult archers use may want to consider this gear. The Sportsman's Outdoor Products Tarantula Youth Armguard may just be the gear that best simulates what pro shooters use!
Since it's meant for younger archers, fitting may be an issue for shooters with a larger built. This arm guard tends to run at smaller sizes - so consider up-sizing unless you have a light frame.
But when it comes to protection and comfort, these are the points that makes this arm guard shine! Made out of a tough yet smooth material, this arm guard protects one's arms without being a hindrance at all. This is particularly important for your children practicing a good shooting form. You'd want gear that will protect but not distract from messing up a stance!
If there's one issue that needs to be pointed out, then it would be the straps. Unlike conventional straps found on other arm guards, this has plastic buckles. It may be easier for you to adjust the arm guard. But it does come with a cost - the arm guard may loosen up easily.
Some other reasons why young shooters may want to go for this arm guard can be found below:
- The oak design found on the arm guard creates the impression of a tough shooter - great to boost a kid's confidence!
- Wide enough to cover an entire arm!
- The arm guard's really light.
Allen 2-Strap Archery Armguard Review
Because these arm guards are amazing, we actually have two pieces of equipment from the same company. Similar to the mentioned arm guard earlier, the Allen 2-Strap Archery Armguard is a delight to have.
Focusing now on pro and adult shooters, this arm guard has several key features to make drawing your bow string a breeze.
Primarily used for outdoor shooting, this arm guard focuses on giving you total comfort and security.
Large enough to cover your forearm, protection from pesky bow string injuries is assured. Not to mention, if you are shooting in the wild, this arm guard can very well serve as a great shield from mosquito bites too!
And it's comfortable. We'd like to stress how the ventilation system is thoughtfully designed. By allowing smoother air flow, you wouldn't need to be distracted with this gear on you.
If you're an outdoor shooter, then this is a highly-recommended arm guard for you!
Check out these other amazing reasons why you ought to get this arm guard:
- The Mossy Oak Camo design on the arm guard is perfect for outdoor shooting. It completes your overall look!
- This arm guard isn't bulky nor isn't it heavy. Just perfect to help you keep your aim on your target.
So, there we have it. Our list of some of the best arm guards for archery! We hope you get to choose the right gear for you!
Know more about on how awesome arm guards are on these interesting write-ups:
Outdoor Warrior - get experimental by creating your own arm guard!
Traditional Archery Guide - explains some interesting reasons on why arm guards matter.
My Archery Corner - details why arm guards will save you from pain!
For general archery safety information, read this.