The AAE Free Flyte Arrow Rest offers versatile arrow rest solutions for hunters. The chance to choose between two arrow rest types or configuration is indeed an advantage worth trying out when hunting prey. Also, the many variants the Free Flyte is offered in should help hunters choose the best one to deal with specific shooting instances.
If anything, the only problem this arrow rest may have is also one of its main advantages: the micro adjustment features may overwhelm some shooters! Still, this is a recommended arrow rest that hunters should try out.
- Too many adjustment possibilites
- Excellent stability
- Too many adjustment possibilites
- Excellent stability
AAE Free Flyte Arrow Rest Review
- Launcher options: release or finger shooting
- Color: black
- Orientation: vertical and horizontal (comes in two positive adjustments)
- Arrow rest style: default flipper style (can switch to standard arrow rest style)
AAE Free Flyte Arrow Rest Details
A recurve bow will require you to make the most out of your archery skills to make successful shots to happen. As compared to a compound bow with accessories that will help in gauging distance, force, and aim, you’re pretty much left to your senses with a traditional type of bow. And this is why an arrow rest is recommended - aside from giving your arrow the support and stability it needs, this essential can also help maintain accurate shots. Let us find out if the AAE Free Flyte arrow rest is a good option for your recurve bow setup:
Choose Your Arrow Rest Type
The AAE Free Flyte Arrow Rest offers shooters the power to choose. Built with a dual magnet to quickly shift positions, hunters can select from two arrow rest positions that will best suit their style. At default, the AAE Free Flyte Arrow Rest is set at a flipper style as default, with its support arm serving as the main rest part. Shifting the magnet towards the opposite position will allow the support arm to work as a fall away type of arrow rest, offering excellent clearance once an arrow has been launched.
But, which configuration is best? Well, that depends on one’s preference, of course. The AAE Free Flyte default option may be good for target shooters. The fall away or drop option may work more for hunters. Experiment and find out what’ll work best for you! You may also want to check the AAE Hawkeye, which features full arrow containment.
Different AAE Free Flyte Arrow Rest Variants to Choose From
Aside from the versatility of choosing a preferred arrow rest type, the AAE Free Flyte Arrow Rest also comes in different variants:
- Standard – this variant has the classic AAE Free Flyte Arrow Rest setup.
- Elite – enhanced version of the AAE Free Flyte Standard variant. This option can either be mounted conventionally with the side plate or with it directly attached to the bow’s riser. The AAE Free Flyte Arrow Rest Elite variant is also CNC machined, making it a tough bow essential. Do take note that that plunger is required when using this variant.
- Micro – an alternative take to the AAE Free Flyte Standard variant. Aside from having everything that the Standard variant has, the AAE Free Flyte Arrow Rest Micro variant includes a positive and a horizontal micro-adjustment lock. This allows a better and more focused way to make minute adjustments on the bow, perfect for target shooters who like to tune their gear to their preferred specifications.
The Micro and Standard variants offer some nice stability and durability, able to withstand elements expected to encounter when out in the open. However, for an additional layer of durability, the Enhanced variant offers a tougher shell. Regardless of which variant, you’re assured of great and reliable durability with this arrow rest.
Practical Hunting Usage
For starters, the opportunity to choose an arrow rest setup is a great way to approach hunting. Not only will you be able to have a more comfortable way to shoot, but the additional stability will help in creating consistent sharp shots. It may take some time to properly tune the arrow rest to your liking, but getting the right setup will make hunts a more satisfying experience for shooters.
Miscellaneous Information on the AAE Free Flyte Arrow Rest
Here are important details that will help you learn more about this option:
Is this arrow rest noisy?
The AAE Free Flyte Arrow Rest doesn’t generate that much noise (or vibration). But if needed, a simple application of shrink tubing on this gear’s contact points should make it really silent.
Is this a local product?
Yes. AAE - Arizona Archery Enterprises, Inc. - has always been proud of locally manufacturing their shooting products. This should serve as more than enough reason to support this brand!
Why the AAE Free Flyte Arrow Rest is Recommended
Find out why this arrow rest is a good option:
It isn’t an understatement, but the option to choose between two excellent arrow rest types is a great advantage to have when out in the wild. Not only will this give you the edge in getting the type that will best suit your shooting style - you also get the chance to try out another type, allowing you to experiment and discover a form that will address different hunting scenarios.
Either going for the Elite variant’s option for extra stability by having it attached to the bow’s riser or the Standard and the Micro’s firm hold to the bow, the AAE Flyte Arrow Rest makes sure that archers get a stable platform for their arrows. In fact, this arrow rest is great for string walking, which does connect to the adjustment opportunities it provides.
An Issue that May Need to be Addressed in the AAE Free Flyte Arrow Rest
Something to ponder if you decide to go for this arrow rest:
Although subjective or minor, the excellent adjustment properties of this archery essential may also be its disadvantage. It is either an archer will love the many possibilities they can get from this arrow rest, or end up frustrated with the various details to set up! Regardless, getting used to the properties of this arrow rest may take some time for select archers.
Here are some nice links in discussing this arrow rest:
- Archery Supplies quickly describes how the AAE Free Flyte Arrow Rest works here.
- This Trad Talk forum thread should help you understand more on the plunger part of the AAE Free Flyte Arrow Rest.
- This Reddit thread showcases the AAE Free Flyte as a recommended arrow rest.
- For another good arrow rest, check the Spot Hogg Infinity.
- For generic arrow rest installation instructions on recurve bows, read this.