Overview - how to find the best climber for bow hunting
When seeking out the best climber for bow hunting, look for these key essentials: good portability, easy to set up and tear down, good comfort and variability. Of course the devil is in the details, read on the find out more!
- Portability – granted that you need to set your climber out in the wild, you’d need to find a way to bring your gear to your desired spot. Some climbing tree stand models do come with straps for a backpack-like mode. Others convert into a portable form for you to simply carry. Regardless of how it’s carried, you do want a climber that wouldn’t prove to be a hindrance (considering you also have other gear on you!).
- Setup (and Disassembly) – after the actual portability, you’d also want to consider finding out on how easy it is to set the climber up. Some models provide user-friendly details (such as less use of straps and the like). Others provide additional enhancements (such as hang-ons) for extra stability and help when you need to attach a climber onto a tree. Of course, disassembly needs to be also considered! The same thought process of installing goes into this – in reverse, of course. Will it be more trouble than what you’ve expected if you can’t take apart your gear? Is it worth the hassle and time to disassemble a climber? These are some thoughts you’d want to ponder!
- Variability – after setting it up, you’d want to make sure your climber works as it’s supposed to be. Do you have enough space to shoot? Are you confident enough that the platform you are on provides the right strength and stability for you to move?
- Comfort – finally, comfort plays a big part in climbers. Especially if it takes a long time to stake out your game, you’d want to be in your most comfortable state. Stay comfy, shoot better!
- Seat size, weight capacity - make sure you get a stand that's large and strong enough for you to comfortably sit in - the seat should be adequately sized and it should be able to support your and your gear's weight.
- Weather durability - if you plan to leave your seat on the tree during the season double check it's though enough for the elements.
- Security - make sure you get a stand that comes with a safety harness!
Summit Treestands 81120 Viper SD Climbing Treestand, Mossy Oak Review
The best climber for bow hunting would mean giving you a comfortable position for you to get the perfect shot that you deserve. And the Summit Treestands 81120 Viper SD Climbing Treestand truly holds one of the best spots of a definite climbing tree stand for archery.
Specifically designed to give you optimum comfort out in the wild, this climber comes with a padded seat for those long and crucial waits.
Additionally, the gear is engineered with sound-deadening technology to assure you that your spot won't be given away with any sort of noise. Deployment is as quick as it gets as well, with a fast cable retention system. No more messy experiences with all those knobs and cords - all it takes is a trigger to remove the climber from a tree.
If there would be any areas for improvement, perhaps it would be the plastic stirrups used in the climbing tree stand. With a tendency to be damaged, hooking your own straps using DIY methods may even be a better choice than what's already available on the gear.
But if you do want something fast and easy to use, then this is the perfect climbing tree stand for you!
Seat comfortably for more accurate shots! Check out these other features that this amazing climbing tree stand has:
- Choose Your Configuration – this climber comes in two amazing configurations – a raised position for optimum bow hunting and a lowered one for gun hunting.
- Enhanced Structure – this climbing tree stand incorporates a unique Summitlokt structural tech. By making use of a specialized aluminum frame, the entire climber is both flexible and rigid.
This climbing tree stand has a seat dimension of 18" W x 12" D.
Guide Gear Deluxe Hang-On Tree Stand Review
For a casual take on hunting out in the wild, the Guide Gear Deluxe Hang-On Tree Stand is a great climber to be in!
Incorporating a suspension design, this climbing tree stand gives you enough room on both seating and standing positions. The flip-up seat is accentuated with padded armrests - a really comfortable experience!
Also, the mesh platform helps in both allowing you to have a stable foothold and keeping dirt and other elements out of your boot's way. The climber also comes with a safety harness and ratchet straps to keep it in place.
However, the weight may be too much for most archers to handle. Depending on your use, this climbing tree stand is best used for a single (or limited) spots in the wild. It may be too heavy too disassemble - better have it in one spot that you'd want to be in to shoot.
Otherwise, this is a really comfy climber to have if you want something casual (or if you do have a lookout post that needs something nice and strong to sit in!).
Stretch those legs of yours and take that shot. Here are some other features this climber has that you may want to know more about:
- Steel Power – made out of durable steel material, this climbing tree stand will not break even in tremendous pressure. Additionally, the climber is coated with special powder, allowing it to withstand all sorts of elements in the wild (and of course, corrosion and rust!).
- User-Friendly Assembly – no frills when installing this climber!
This climbing tree stand has a seat dimension of 17" W x 10" D.
Guide Gear Hang On Tree Stand Review
The definitive climbing tree stand for the on-the-go archer, the Guide Gear Hang On Tree Stand will help you stay comfy virtually anywhere.
The most noticeable feature of this climber is its basic yet sturdy design. The flip-up seat also comes with a foam cushion, which should make seating real comfortable even during long periods of time.
For your peace of mind, this climbing tree stand also comes with ratchet straps and a safety harness. The steel construction of the climber will also assure you that the gear won't simply break. Assembly, of course, is really easy. No need to carry additional tools to set it up!
Although we did mention that the climber does come with ratchet straps, it may be a sound decision to replace these with something stronger. With the tendency to break or to wear down fast, you'd want something better that'll match up with the other excellent features of this climbing tree stand.
Still, if portability is what you need, you will definitely won't go wrong choosing this climber!
Take your climber wherever you want it to be! This awesome climbing tree stand has also these other highlights:
- Lightweight Wonder – weighing at just 18 lbs., this helpful archery gear may just be one of the most portable equipment you'll ever carry around!
- Stability Wonder – this climbing tree stand has platform cables that is able to withstand tension of up to 300 lbs.!
This climbing tree stand has a seat dimension of 14" W x 8" D.
Millennium Treestands M25 Hang-On Tree Stand Review
Another important factor that a top choice for the best climber for bow hunting has its durability to withstand all sorts of elements. Whether for high-portability movement or setting up a shooting spot with comfortable and sturdy gear, the Millennium Treestands M25 Hang-On Tree Stand will give you what you want in a climber.
This gear is designed to be a portable and trusty fear. Assembly (and disassembly) is really simple, that you really wouldn't need to be bothered with complicated factors when setting it up. Also, this climbing tree stand can hold up to 300 lbs., giving big archers or those with heavy gear to shoot in a really comfortable manner.
The steel construction of the climber is also powdered to prevent rust from settling in.
However, its weight may be an issue for some - especially if you would need to carry this climber around for multiple times.
But if you do need a climbing tree that focuses on comfort, then this option will meet - and exceed - your expectations.
Hang on in a secured manner. This climber also has these features that may tickle your fancy.
- Innovative Movement Tech – by integrating a SafeLink tech, archers will be able to both safely and quickly ascend or descend! The SafeLink feature is essentially a 35 ft rope that connects to a carabiner.
- Staying Comfy in the Long Run – dubbed as ComfortMAX, this climber's seat and footrest provides the essential ergonomic support you would need out in the wild.
This climbing tree stand has a seat dimension of 20" W x 16" D.
Lone Wolf Assault II Hang On Tree Stand Review
Only the best climber for bow hunting picks consider smooth and comfortable positioning even in the toughest tree spaces. And this is where the Lone Wolf Assault II Hang On Tree Stand excels at.
Designed to efficiently support hunters, this climbing tree stand not only provides comfort - its additional features help in making those difficult shots.
This climber comes with a cast bow holder - a nice touch to keep your gear in place. Another nice and versatile feature is its easy setup. This gear can attach to almost any tree out there, with no snags and all to consider. Stability is truly impressive, by keeping in place just the way you like it. Disassembly is also easy - something special indeed, when it’s time to give chase!
If there are any issues to be considered, then it would probably be the buckles. Also subjective, these can be noisy - which can lead to giving your position away. Also, the seat does the job in giving you a nice position - but better padding will always help in giving you the comfort you deserve. You really do not want to feel sore, especially when you need to wait for long periods!
And yet, when it comes to versatility, this tough wolf gets the job done.
Stay ahead of the pack. This impressive climber also has these set of features:
- Blend in, Shoot True – this climber has a nice 3D camo design that will help you blend in the wild.
- Great Portability – at just 11 lbs., this is one light climber that you'd be able to comfortably carry even during long treks!
This climbing tree stand has a seat dimension of 14" W x 12" D.
Lone Wolf Wide Sit & Climb Combo II Climbing Tree Stand Review
When the situation calls for long stakeouts, you would want a climber that will provide both comfort and quality positioning. The Lone Wolf Wide Sit & Climb Combo II Climbing Tree Stand provides these benefits - plus more!
Essentially a mobile version of a personal watchtower, this climber comes equipped with essentials for playing the waiting game during hunts. The option to pivot the foam seat makes you set it up in your most comfortable and advantageous position.
Additionally, you are assured that you're strapped in on just any kind of tree out there with the straps included in this climbing tree stand. Easy to assemble and adjust, you're bound to get the right kind of spot you'd need out in the field.
Of course, considering that many features this climber has, its weight may prove to be a big drawback. Unlike other lightweight climbers, this one weighs 20 lbs!
However, if you really need something to assure you of positioning and comfort, then this climbing tree stand would be the best option for you.
Take a seat - and make that important shot. Here are some other benefits you can experience when choosing this climber:
- Massive Comfort, Lean Portability – aside from keeping you comfy when you need to go out and wait, this climbing tree stand can pack down to a really portable 4-inch profile. This sure beats the hassle of having to lug something massive when hunting!
- Hang On, Climb Up – aside from having a user-friendly assembly process, this climber also comes with a climb bar for easy access up (and down) a tree!
This climbing tree stand has a 2-panel foam seat of approximately 21" W.
X-Stand Deluxe Aluminum Climbing Tree Stand Review
When you need a versatile climber to suit whatever a hunt calls out for, then the X-Stand Deluxe Aluminum Climbing Tree Stand may just be the perfect bag of tricks.
Designed to be really portable when in it’s packed form, and roomy and adjustable when properly lined up to a tree, this climber offers unique solutions for all sorts of situations that you may encounter during hunting. Converted as a simple backpack, you can quickly position yourself towards a new tree without making unwanted movements.
Setting it up to a shooter's position is also really easy. Its aluminum frame, that comes with a safety harness, allows you to adjust it exactly how you want it to be. Plus, the seat bar and armrest (which is foam padded) provides you optimum comfort when staking out game.
Although the straps do work, it may take some time to understand the configuration. As such, it may be a frustrating experience, especially when it's time to give chase.
Still, when you need something for its versatility, then this just may be the climber for you.
Set up your position, get that prey. Find out more features that this climber has to offer below:
- Keep it Quiet – the last thing you'd want to happen when adjusting your climbing tree stand is to give your crucial position away. This climber prevents pesky and unwanted noises from happening – the nylon washers found on its joints provides you the stealth that you need.
- Hoop it Up – this climbing tree stand comes with safety hoops to give your feet that extra support when making those difficult shots.
This climbing tree stand has a seat dimension of 21" W x 16" D.
Rivers Edge Big Foot XL Lounger Hang On Portable Hunting Tree Stand Review
The best climber for bow hunting will provide you a clear view of the hunting ground. And the Rivers Edge Big Foot XL Lounger Hang On Portable Hunting Tree Stand provides you great positioning - an advantage especially when you're up against tricky game.
Coming with a flip-up chair and large platform, this climber is essentially a very reliable shooter's nest. Incorporating the TearTuff mesh seat for comfort and stability, you will surely get into the right position here. Coupled with the 37”x 24” lounger platform, extra leg room and positioning are also made possible.
A minor but appreciated enhancement would be the footrest. It really is a delight to simply kick back and relax (and of course, shoot) in this climber.
However, setting the entire gear up may be a time-consuming experience. At the most, this is a great climber to have when you simply want to have a nest set up in a key position. But when giving chase, it just may be too stressful to assemble and disassemble the entire configuration.
But if you do need something up in those special hit zones you have out in the wild, then this comfy option may be one of the best climbers you'll ever choose!
Extra large comfort, extra large shooting opportunities. Find out more highlights to see if this is the climber for you:
- Be Silent to Be Deadly – this climbing tree stand comes with noiseless strap attachments – with no irritating metal to metal contact, you're bound to get that stealth experience you need out in the wild!
- Score Big with the Big Foot Lever – say goodbye to all those straps. The unique Big Foot lever and hang-ons integrations give you massive stability no matter the height of a tree is.
This climbing tree stand has a seat dimension of 19" W x 11.5" D.
XOP-XTREME OUTDOOR PRODUCTS Air Raid Tree Stand, Green Review
For extreme field conditions, the Xop-Extreme Outdoor Products Air Raid Tree Stand is a great climber to choose.
Coming with a unique - and highly functional - design, this climber does make an impressive statement, First up, the seat has in-built features that more than meets the eye. Coming with a tri layer compression foam, you are assured of comfort, even during all-day stakeouts.
Everything is adjustable as well - if you need to stand to shoot, simply flip up the seat. You're bound to have more than enough space on the platform! Also, this climber is designed even to hook on to crooked trees. This is one sort of advantage that you will enjoy out in the field! For extra stability as well, fast strap buttons can be found on the climber.
Although a cast bow holder comes equipped on the climbing tree stand, you may find this a hassle to use depending on the bow you're using. Apparently, the design works only for a limited scope of gear - old parallel bows seem to fit just right in this feature. Also, it does seem that some extra padding may work wonders on some exposed parts of this climber.
Still, if you're in extreme hunting situations, this climber wouldn't fail you at all.
Prep up for that raid! This awesome climber has several other highlights that will delight you:
- Lightweight Build, Heavyweight Performance – weighing approximately from 11 – 13 lbs., this climbing tree stand may just be one of the lightest options to choose for your hunting needs.
- Pull You Up – this climber also comes with XL cam buckles and belts for stability and help when you need to get onto the platform.
This climbing tree stand has a seat dimension of 25" W x 19" D.
Summit Treestands Summit The Peak Hang-On Review
No matter the weather, the Summit Treestands Summit The Peak Hang-On may just be a tough and comfy option that you can reap lots of hunting rewards from.
In what may be the most comfortable climber design in the market, this gear's seat has great lumbar support. That in itself is such a great benefit - you do deserve something that'll help you out, especially during long hunting sessions.
And more than providing you with comfort and ease, the climber's seat is also designed to withstand the harshest weather conditions. Partnered with the large mesh platform, you are assured that you can keep on shooting, no matter the weather may be.
Do take note that even if the seat is weather resistant, you would still want to wring the seat pad. Water seems to be retained in it - you definitely do not want that wet sensation. Also, weight may be a hurdle for some archers (approximately 28 lbs.). Still, you're getting a lot out of this climbing tree stand's benefits, anyway!
Conquer the hunt. Here are other reasons that may make you want to get this climber:
- Tough Climber, Nice Warranty – given the amount of detail placed in this climber, you are also given an additional peace of mind with the 1-year limited warranty that comes with it.
- Adjustable to Your Liking – even the comfy seat offers variable configurations. Both the seat pad and elbow pads can be quickly removed – you are welcome to adjust it as you see fit!
This climbing tree stand has a seat dimension of 20" W.
Want to know more about climbers? Perhaps find out more climbing tree stand models? Check these links out!
Archery Topic combines its top picks with some nice mini-reviews. Check out their list here .
Outdoor Empire also shares some helpful tips when choosing a climber.
A mix of bow and gun climbing tree stand recommendations as revealed by The Gun Zone here !