It may intimidate you at first, but target shooting using a compound bow is both fun and engaging. Let’s help you out so that you can maximize the time and effort you’ll be placing in the range. Here are compound bows that works just perfect for target shooting!
To get the best bow possible make sure you double check these features:
- Warranty - the longer the better!
- Draw weight - bows designed for target shooting have low draw weight so they are not usable for hunting!
- Target shooting with hunting bows works well - if you'd like to hunt with your bow too, get a hunting bow. These usually work great for target shooting too.
- Expandability - make sure you'll be able to fit the gear you need, the sight, stabilizers, etc.
- Hands-on testing - nothing beats trying a few bows in a pro shop.
- Sight - either get a sight specialized for target shooting, or a single pin sight set up for the target distance.
Click here if you'd like to learn about recurve bows for target shooting.
Genesis Original Bow Review
Some of the key considerations when looking out for the best compound bow for target shooting are precision and control. And the Genesis Original Bow offers all these!
As the official bow of the National Archery in the Schools Program (NASP), you know that you have a reliable piece of equipment in your hands. Aside from the control and precision it provides, adaptability is also one of its key components. The bow does not have a standard draw length - this just means that this gear adjusts to your personal preference.
The single-cam tech integrated in the bow results in a hassle-free experience. This tech results in not only more accurate shots - tuning is a breeze without you having to sweat the small technical stuff!
Do take note that this is purely for target archery. The bow does not have enough power for hunting. Also, taller archers may find this bow too small to use. Regardless, if it's for target practice or competitive events, this is a bow you can rely on.
It's the beginning of a great relationship with this bow with these other features:
- Built to Last – the bow is made out of premium aluminum material.
- Quiet – this bow is definitely quiet, allowing you to focus on your target!
Comes as either left or right handed, you can adjust the draw weight between 10 and 20 lbs. Twelve colors are available, so you'll surely find your favorite.
Southland Archery Supply SAS 70 Lbs 30" Compound Bow Review
A great bow does not only provide optimum shooting. It also helps to develop an archer’s overall skills. And the Southland Archery Supply SAS 70 Lbs 30" Compound Bow is a good option to consider if you truly want to improve.
The first thing that you may notice with this bow is its weight. At 4.4 lbs, it may be a struggle for some. But get used to this and you'll realize that this bow offers consistency in every shot.
Accuracy is awesome with this bow. But you may need to make some adjustments to make the most out of it. A recommendation is to replace the stock bow string. Note this bow isn't really quiet.
You may want to know these other details that this bow has:
- Limb Pockets – the inclusion of these subtle enhancements results to more accurate shots.
- Fast Shots – get that satisfying feeling whenever you shoot (top record is at 270 ft/second!).
Right handed only, comes in black or camo green. Draw weight is between 55 - 70 lbs, draw length between 25" - 31".
Bear Archery Brave Bow Set Review
Another consideration as best compound bow for target shooting, the Bear Archery Brave Bow Set packs the right amount of power young archers need in the range.
A youth bow, this set gives kids a great grasp on what to expect in target shooting. With a let off of 65%, and a 26" axle-to-axle setting, the bow provides the right amount of control needed when learning how to shoot properly.
The bow is also sturdy enough to withstand wear-and-tear expected during target shooting exercises. Do note that this bow isn't meant for hunting - it does not have enough power.
Find out more on what makes this bow set awesome:
- Read to Shoot – the bow set comes with two arrows.
- Kid-Friendly – as it is catered to youth archers, the lightweight and able power this bow provides is manageable for budding shooters.
- Colorful Bow – kids will have fun choosing among six colors for their bow.
Hand orientation is set for right handed shooters, you can choose draw weight from 15 - 25 lbs. Draw length is set at 13.5"-19.5". This bow set also comes with whisker biscuit arrow rest, finger rollers, quiver, armguard, and 1-pin sight.
Leader Accessories Compound Bow Archery Hunting Equipment Review
Make the most out of your target shooting experience with this impressive compound bow set. The Leader Accessories Compound Bow 50-70lbs 25" - 31" Archery Hunting Equipment is packed with the right stuff.
Although meant for hunting, this bow can also be considered as an excellent starter bow for target shooting. Given the amount of accessories packed with the bow, installing it on the frame is easy with the pre-drilled holes.
Take note of screw size for this bow as well (8/32 cap head screw). Constant use of this bow may lead to loose screws - make sure you inspect it regularly.
The accessories in this set will bring out the best in you:
- Heavy Package – a large number of accessories that come with the bow: 12 carbon arrows, bow release, wrist sling, armguard, stabilizer, arrow puller, bow stand, limb dampener, peep sight, whisker biscuit arrow rest, drop away arrow rest, optic sight, quiver, bow bag, and 12 paper targets.
- Weather Resistant – the bow's parts are anodized – can withstand even rain or snow.
The bow is for right handed shooters only. Draw weight is adjustable from 50 - 70 lbs.; draw length is from 25" - 31". The set comes with a 1-year warranty for the bow (not the cables and strings).
Diamond Archery Infinite Edge Pro Bow Package Review
The best compound bow for target shooting - the Diamond Archery Infinite Edge Pro Bow Package may just be it.
Focusing on the bow itself, its construction creates a balance between control and power. The bow weighs at only 3.1 lbs, but can shoot an arrow at an outstanding 310 fps.
Accuracy is also astounding. Aside from the many enhancements that go with it, even the stock setting will assure you of consistent and sharper shots.
Sharper and brighter like a diamond - check out these other features:
- Impressive Package – this bow set contains lots of extras: wrist sling, octane stabilizer, 3-pin Tundra sight, octane quiver, string loop, tube peep sight, and an arrow rest.
- Easy to Use – versatility is the key word. Regardless if you are a beginner or a pro shooter, this bow is really easy to use
Meant for right handed shooters, this bow's draw weight can be adjusted in an impressive wide range from 5 - 70 lbs, and a draw length of 13" - 30". The bow also comes in three colors to choose from.
RAPTOR Compound Hunting Bow Kit Review
The RAPTOR Compound Hunting Bow Kit will offer you the power to adjust - just what you need when you want to bring the best in target archery.
Weighing at just 3.6 lbs., you are assured to feel comfortable in the range. This bow is a master of adjustment, you can tune almost every aspect of it to your liking. Take the split yoke tuning system as an example: even arrow flight can be tuned to what you prefer.
The lightweight yet sturdy fiberglass limbs of the bow are made in the USA - it's always a good thing to support local companies! Assembly is easy. The bow comes with a peep sightpre-installed, which saves some time and trouble as you do not have to do it yourself.
Although the bow comes with a handy kit, please take note that no arrows come with it.
Adjust the way you want it to be. Here are other features this bow has:
- Got You Covered – a 2-year warranty comes with the bow!
- Full Pack – this bow comes with additional equipment and accessories that may interest you: Allen wrench set, biscuit style arrow rest, 5-pin sight, stabilizer, string stop, and arrow quiver.
Hand orientation is for right handed shooters. Draw length can be adjusted between 24.5" - 31". Draw weight can also be changed without the use of a bow press, from 30 - 70 lbs.
Southland Archery Supply SAS Scorpii 55 Lb 29" Compound Bow Review
For a reliable choice, the Southland Archery Supply SAS Scorpii 55 Lb 29" Compound Bow may be the perfect gear for target shooting.
The bow's compact and lightweight built gives you the consistency and accuracy you'd need in the range. At max settings, you can let an arrow fly at 260 fps. And at 3.3 lbs., it sure isn't a hassle carrying the bow around.
The compressed ABS limbs of this bow is a keeper. This will assure you that the bow will last long, able to endure all sorts of wear and tear.
If there may be an issue with the bow is that it can be noisy. Another would be the hard-to-understand manual that comes with it. But aside from these, this is a bow that will get the job done in target archery.
A tough bow that will grow with you. Here are more reasons to consider getting this option:
- Great Coverage – this bow comes with an outstanding Southland Archery Supply 7-year limited manufacture warranty!
- Nice Kit – getting the optional kit will give you these: sights, peep sight, stabilizer, arrow rest, string, wrist strap, and two sets of Allen wrenches.
This bow is for right handed shooters. Draw length is from 19" - 26". You can choose draw weight from 30 - 55 lbs. 4 variants are available to choose from: GC Camo Accessories Kit, Black, Black Accessories Kit, GC Camo.
Bear Archery Cruzer G2 Adult Compound Bow Review
This bow is easy to adjust. No bow press is needed - all you need is a trusty Allen wrench. Considering its wide adjustment features, the bow is designed to grow with you.
For better control, the bow comes with a unique grip design. The grip now allows you to remove hand torque. As a result, you get more accurate shots. Additionally, the bow's cam, at maximum setting, can make you launch arrows at 315 fps.
The bow is also really light, at just 3 lbs. A peep sight is also pre-installed.
Cruise to target archery success with this bow. Here are other nifty details you may want to know about it:
- Excellent Coverage – this bow comes with a full MFG warranty.
- Winning Accessories – this bow also comes with these excellent archery accessories: whisker biscuit, stabilizer, 4-pin sight, arrow quiver, sling, peep sight, and a nock loop.
This bow is available in right handed and left handed orientation configurations. Draw weight can be anywhere from 5 - 70 lbs. Draw length is adjustable as well, from 12" - 30".
iGlow 55 lb Black/Sliver/Camouflage Camo Archery Hunting Compound Bow Review
Considered to be an old school bow, the iGlow 55 lb Black/Sliver/Camouflage Camo Archery Hunting Compound Bow can also be used for target archery sessions.
What makes this bow unique is that it works great for finger shooting. The bow string is also comfy to the tough - finger protection, of course, would be to your own preference.
The bow is not heavy at just 4 lbs. Arrow speed can go up to 220 fps. Precision is excellent with the bow's stock configuration. Although, no arrows come with the bow.
Since it's a bow with old school sensibilities, a point of concern is that it may break easily. Proper care and attention may just do the trick!
Know more about this old school compound bow:
- The Basics Matter – this bow focuses on the basics. Great for beginners wanting to get the hang of a compound bow; pros will delight taking things simpler.
This bow has a right handed orientation. Draw weight can be adjusted anywhere from 40 - 55 lbs. Draw length is at 27" - 29". An option to get a premium kit with the bow is also available.
Compound Bow Topoint Archery Package Review
Enjoy the best of target archery with this bow (and its accessories). The Compound Bow Topoint Archery Package offers you a lot of options to make the most out of your time in the range.
At just 3.3 lbs, this may be one of the lightest compound bows in the market. As such, control and reliability are both great. Women shooters will delight shooting this user-friendly bow.
A point of concern may be the bow's release trigger. Instead of conforming to you, you may be the one to adjust to its extra-sensitive point. If you can, do replace this with something else.
Aside from that, this is an excellent choice - even with just the bow itself.
Top your target shooting experience with this bow. Find out more:
- Packed with the Right Stuff – this bow's package comes with some excellent archery accessories – and 18 arrows (30" carbon mix)!
- Made in the USA – a great product from a local company. Support them!
Hand orientation is set for right handed shooters. Draw weight can be adjusted from 19 - 70 lbs. Draw length anywhere from 19" - 30".
Take aim towards success with the compound bow recommendations. Have fun!
Here are more helpful resources on compound bows for target shooting:
- Whether you’re a beginner or a pro, there’s a compound bow that’ll help you excel in target archery!
- Outdoor Empire listed some great compound hunting bows (that are also great for target shooting!).
- The Archer Den listed down another list of great compound bows to consider.
- You can build your own target blocks or even your 3d archery targets for practice.
- This article will help you find good locations for practice.