Bow cases come in different shapes and sizes, the first, and most striking difference is between the soft and hard cases. Soft cases are great if you want to carry your gear quickly, for example to a shooting range, with minimal hassle.
On the other hand, hard bow cases offer more protection, both from damage and from the elements. This comes at a price though: hard bow cases are both bigger and weigh more than a soft case.
When choosing a bow case, you should always keep in mind your specific use case. Other points to consider:
- Will you need a shoulder strap? It makes the case easier to carry around.
- Does the case have closable pockets or adjustable straps inside? When fitting your gear in your case you need to be able to fix them in place so they do not damage each other.
- Will you need a case that’s water resistant?
- For extremely bumpy rides out in the field you’ll need a well-padded case.
- For air travel you’ll need a case with TSA approved locks.
Best Hard Bow Case
Hard bow cases are great for storing your bow - they are spacious, have a rigid shell to protect your equipment, and the best are water-resistant too, so your bow will stay dry even in the harshest weather.
The most important properties you should look for when selecting a hard bow case are these:
- Portability – the bow case has to be tough, but light enough to carry!
- Total Protection – from straps to hard shells, fittings and anti-moisture foam interiors, enough and stable protection needs to be offered that will keep both bows and archery tools safe from harm.
- Extra Features are Always Welcome – weather-proofing, built-in tools, and even the ability to customize how the bow is fixed inside the case are all nice features to have in a bow case!
Check this list to find out more about the best bow cases on the market today.
Plano Protector Compact Bow Case (Black) Review
You need to plan ahead to protect your bow (and other archery essentials). And the Plano Protector Compact Bow Case (Black) is a good case for this
This bow has a simple yet highly-functional design. It fits all sorts of bows within its dimensions, the case works well for either beginner or pro archers.
Also, the case has a tough but smooth high-density foam interior. This assures you that your gear is safe from scratches and other damage.
The case only has minor issues, which are mostly just subjective anyway. The bow case only comes in one color (black), but that does fit with any gear out there (it's question of a style issue, anyway). Still, always make sure to check if your bow does fit within this bow case before buying. This bow case offers protection for standard size bows, but it may never hurt to check first to see if your bow can fit into this nice case (especially if you're using heavy poundage bows!).
All else aside, a really nice bow case that will match up with your archery gear!
Total protection for your precious gear. Here are some other reasons why you need to get this bow case.
- Classy Look – nothing beats the all-black look to go with your gear.
- Lock to Protect – this bow case comes with a reliable pillar lock system that protects both your bow and additional archery tools from harm.
This bow case's dimensions are listed at (6.8 x 43.2 x 19 inches).
Plano 108110 Bow Guard AW Bow Case Black Review
No matter the weather, you need to have a case that will give your gear the total protection it deserves. The Plano 108110 Bow Guard AW Bow Case Black does the job splendidly!
AW means all weather - and this case surely goes the distance that your bow is safe and dry. Even on the road (especially on dirt roads or bumpy trails), your bow and other archery gear stays in place with the lockable latches found within the bow case. The case can also fit off-set or in-line quivers.
The thick exterior means that this case is crush-resistant; the pillar lock system offers an additional safety net for your gear. Additionally, the bow case's tie-down strap means you can clamp it to a firmer base (if needed).
If there would be any issue about this fine bow case, then it would probably just be that it only comes in one color (black)!
Rain or shine, you know you need to fully protect your gear! Check out these other features that this bow case has:
- Keeping it Cozy and Dry – this bow case also comes with a nice Dri-Loc seal – this will keep your bow dry no matter the weather.
- Protect those Arrows – the bow case also has a special flexible storage meant for arrows. This storage area fits standard arrow sizes, carbon arrows too.
This bow case's dimensions (interior) are 46.5” x 16” x 6.75”.
Vista Traveler Takedown Case, Black, 37-Inch Review
This nice bow case comes with lockable latches to keep your gear safe and sound when not in use. Unlike other hard bow cases in the market, this case does seem to look and feel lighter than the average. The foam interior is also pretty stylish and functionality is good too, it keeps your bow safe as expected.
The case can also comfortably fit up to 18 34" arrows. Most takedown recurve bows also fit in the case - for larger bows, some minimal adjustments may be needed for a safe and comfortable fit.
For issues, do take note of this important bit. Although packaged as a weather resistant bow case, this case isn't waterproof at all. So please take some precautionary measures in case you're bringing this case out during the rainy season.
That particular issue aside, this is one bow case that delivers.
Start your archery journey with a bow case that will safeguard your precious gear. This bow case also has this nice features that you ought to know more about:
- Wrench it Up – a really helpful feature that this bow case has is its built-in broadhead wrench – perfect for archers on-the-go!
- Keep those Archery Accessories Safe – this bow case comes with several storage compartments for your other archery equipment (such as arm guard and bow string).
This bow case's dimensions are 36.8” x 10.5” x 5.5”. Note this is a case for recurve bows only, not compound bows.
SKB Hunter Series Bow Case Review
Sometimes, the best hard bow cases are those that are actually lighter than the rest. And the SKB Hunter Series Bow Case is one fine example of providing top-of-the-line protection without losing out on being too heavy to carry!
The first thing you may notice on this bow case is its sleek look. The ABS exterior shell is is embossed to provide additional structural support, so it’s functional too, and not there only for the looks.
Inside, the bow case is designed to fit your bow in a secured and tight manner. Maximizing the use of the given space as well, you can actually fit bows that come with quivers on it.
A concern that may seem unsightly for some is that there seems to be no straps inside the bow case. Sure enough, a bow and its equipped enhancements will fit snugly in. So, for removable parts such as a stabilizer, you may either need to carry it separately or simply put it in the case, however they will move around as there’s nothing to keep them in place.
Still, this is an excellent bow case to consider, if only for its lightweight construction!
A few more practical features of this bow case:
- Stacked to Protect – the designers knew how important security is for your bow. With an interlocked, eight-point stacking system integrated, your bow is safely held in place.
- Anti-Shock Potential – the bow case's EPS inserts keep shock to a minimum. This comes really handy during bumpy rides, for example in an SUV on a dirt-road.
This bow case's dimensions are 42” x 19” x 9.3” inches.
Plano Parallel Limb Hard Bow Case Review
Get in line for a truly amazing bow case. The Plano Parallel Limb Hard Bow Case is an excellent choice, it provides extra protection for your bow and gear.
As like other excellent bow cases from Plano, this case comes with a nice pillar lock system for extra stability and protection. Additionally, the tough exterior works as hard safety shell and keeps your gear safe from harm.
But what really makes this bow case an outstanding archery essential is its capability to adjust. Customizable by default, you are sure to be able to fit just any sort of bow in it! You can store most, if not all of your archery gear in it - this reduces the error of forgetting something when starting out for a quick round of shooting.
There are some areas where the case could be improved, for example the hinged clips used to close the bow case are made out of plastic. Although durable, better materials may have been used to offer an even better and stabler bow case.
But that issue aside, this is a really great bow case. The customizability makes it stand out from the other cases we’ve looked at.
A solid bow case that you deserve to have. A few more nice properties of this case:
- Beautiful Accents – coming in one color (black), this case does come with a yellow handle and accents. It’s a minor addition, still makes this case look a bit better than the average.
- Hooray for Locals – this bow case is made in U.S.A. With buying this case you support your local manufacturers, which is always a good thing.
This bow case is 43” x 19” x 7”.
Best Soft Compound Bow Case
Soft bow cases offer a bit less protection, but are a great alternative for hard bow cases. The main point is, if you need your case to be lighter, and do not expect harsh weather or a bumpy ride, soft bow cases could serve you better than hard bow cases.
For soft bow cases, these are the key points to consider:
- Lightweight and Durability Package – being in the soft bow case category, these cases should serve as an easier and lighter way to transport bows. Of course, you need to consider durability too!
- A Focus on Accessories – not only do soft bow cases need to be light. A way to carry other archery equipment (by means of pockets, straps and mashes) is also important.
- Ease of Use – since it’s light and soft, the actual usage should be easy as well!
Allen Compound Bow Case, 35" Gear Fit Pro - Fits Compound Bows up to 35" Axle to Axle Review
A good case is one that will store your bow and gear, without being a hassle when you need to take those out - this Allen bow is just like that.
This bow case doesn't only secure your bow - it was designed to hold your other gear too. It has seven specially-designed pockets, to protect and store your other essentials such as bow strings, arm guard, stabilizers, bow wax, and so on. Arrows can fit in snugly too, with enough space available for up to six arrows.
The case is well padded, so it will keep your gear safe from any damage. It’s also as compact and light as a case can be.
On the other hand, there may be one slight issue that you may need to know about. As much as the case provides a spacious interior, it lacks velcro straps, so your gear can move around inside. So, if you're just carrying a limited amount of items (or even just your bow), you may need to risk some scratches (especially if you're expecting a bumpy ride).
Still, this is a good bow case to consider if you want everything packed in one fine bag.
This bow case also has these other features:
- With a simple and easy to manage zipper system, storing and taking your bow out is really fast and easy.
- For an even easier way to carry it, this bow case comes with a shoulder strap!
This bow case's dimensions are 19” x 40” x 1.5”.
Compound Bow Case, Black Gear Fit X Fits Compound Bows up to 35" Axle to Axle Review
This case is sleek and light, while still providing optimum protection for your bow and archery essentials, so it’s again an overall great choice for your archery gear.
Considering how important accessories are (especially for compound bow shooters), this bow case comes with ten spacious pockets. It has tie-down straps too, to keep your bow protected from bumps and other damage when on the road.
A padded shoulder strap is also available for an easier way to carry the bow case. If you opt not to use the strap, the soft rubber handle is also a very comfy.
Although it does come with straps, these aren't movable at all. Your bow does stay in place, but space adjustment can't really be done. Worse, fitting a smaller sized bow in the bow case is hard, as some of the straps cannot be stretched or adjusted at all.
That said, this is a really well designed case, suitable for bows which match its size.
Packed with tons of features but is still light as a feather. Here are other reasons to consider this soft bow case:
- This bow case's soft interior lining gives you the peace of mind that your bow is kept scratch-free.
- The sleek black finish of this bow case will go well with any of your archery gear.
This bow case's dimensions are 48” x 18” x 2.5”.
Mossy Oak Compound Bow Case Review
Out in the wild, you'd want to find a way to carry your gear without sacrificing speed and adjustments. The Mossy Oak Compound Bow Case, as basic as it is, gets the job done.
Meant for outdoor use, this soft bow case comes in a camo look. As such, this case blends in with you - perfect for hunts.
Additionally, the brand is known for its quality craftsmanship. And this can be seen on the bow case material. It is light, but can withstand all sorts of elements you'd find outdoors.
Conventionally, though, you'd want some pockets or space to fit your arrows or other archery tools. This bow case doesn't have these features. In fact, it's just used to store a bow!
But, if you just want a quick and reliable way to protect your bow in the wild (and, as a result, get the bow out when you need it in a fast manner as well), then this is the soft bow case for you.
One size to rule it all! This amazing soft bow case has these other features:
- This bow size can fit all sorts of bow sizes – its universal size adjusts to the gear's build, without any awkward snags.
- Among the other bow cases we went through, this is the lightest of all! Still the case protects your gear as expected.
This bow case's dimensions are 17.5” x 14.2” x 3.7”.
.30-06 46" Promo Bow Case Black Review
Heavy duty but without looking bulky at all. This is what makes the .30-06 46" Promo Bow Case Black a great option in choosing what soft bow case to get for your gear.
The case looks minimalist, but it is still very practical, it stores and protects your gear just as you’d expect it to. It’s also very spacious, and the nylon used is water resistant, to keep your bow dry.
Securing your bow is quick and easy with the zipper system. Woven handles make lifting and carrying the bow easy. Also, the soft finish of the bow case’s material can be embroidered - a nice touch to personalize it.
Although it does have the space to fit everything, a key issue that may need to be improved on is the lack of pockets. The bow case comes only with an outside pocket. But without any compartments, all of your small archery gears are left unorganized in this case.
This is a standard yet really reliable soft bow case.
Get your archery gear safe. A few more important features of this case:
- In terms of design, this bow case doesn't stand out – but it doesn't look off as well. The classic styling is a great blend for any bow and archery equipment out there.
- Double-stitched and enhanced seams assures you that this soft bow case is as tough as its hard counterparts.
This bow case's size is 46” x 16.”5 x 2”.
Allen Youth Compact Bow Case Review
The Allen Youth Compact Bow Case was designed especially with young archers in mind, so they can store their gear just as safely as their grown-up counterparts.
With a dense foam layer padding to protect bows and gears, young archers are assured that their equipment are kept safe and sound. Additional pockets are available for storing small archery equipment - keeping everything organized and safe!
This bow case also comes with pouches that are constructed out of mesh. This is a minimal but excellent enhancement - not only do young shooters get extra space to store other tools, but the mesh offers both breathability and visibility of what's being held.
Transporting the bow case is basic and easy. The carrying handle is all it takes to hold and bring the entire bow around in the range.
An issue that may pop up with this bow case (especially among kids) would be the zipper system. Sure enough, it's a fast and easy way to place and get your bow. Depending on the usage though, zippers could get snagged easily. Do take extra care zipping!
Otherwise, this is an excellent soft bow case for archers starting out their archery journey!
Keeping it simple and tough. This soft bow case has these other features:
- This soft bow case's simple design (two color variants are available – black with green trims and Realtree Xtra with yellow trims) is actually a good reason to get it. It will not distract young archers – stay focused on your target (and stance)!
- The basic features of this bow case keeps everything simple and easy. Again, a user-friendly experience that makes it a hit among youth archers!
This bow case's dimensions are 36” x 13” x 1”.
Get a Good Bow Case Today
We hope that our bow case recommendations will help you choose which one will work best for your gear. Remember - having your bow protected at all times will result in better archery experiences!
The following links will let you know of other excellent bow case recommendations!
Complete Guide to Archery has some nice picks on what bow case to get.
Check out this list if you need a soft bow case for hunting.
Are you a compound bow user? Then this article will give you some recommendations on which bow case to get.