Picking the best target recurve bow can be tricky. After all, you would want to get a bow that will not only make you shoot straight! You also need to consider control (poundage) and length! Well, don’t worry. We’re sharing some recommendations that will bring out the best in your target archery experience.
We carefully selected these bows, so they are all great for target shooting. Some of them are good for hunting too, however the ones with too low draw weight are strictly for practicing.
To find the best bows for target shooting look for these:
- Warranty - get a bow with long warranty, the longer the better.
- Portability - takedown bows are great, as you do not have to carry a large bow around to the shooting ground.
- Draw weight - target bows have a low draw weight, so they can't be used for hunting. If you'd like to hunt with your bow too, get a bow for hunting.
- Most hunting bows make great target bows too.
- Expandability - make sure you'll be able to add the gear you need to your bow, for example a sight, stabilizers, and so on.
- Test it! - if possible test a few bows in a pro shop, nothing beats hands-on experience when making a decision.
- The need to unstring - most takedown bows need to be unstrung when not in use. Make sure you obey the manufacturer's instructions.
- The proper sight - there are specialized sights for target shooting, single pin sights work well too.
Southwest Archery Spyder Takedown Recurve Bow Review
Sometimes, the best recurve bow for target shooting is also an excellent choice for hunting. The Southwest Archery Spyder Takedown Recurve Bow is just the type of gear that will get the job done.
What makes this bow so appealing is that it truly caters to your needs. The bow comes packed with tons of extras - from a reliable arrow rest, a nice stringer, and down to that ever-helpful Allen wrench. To fit right to your preferred draw weight, you may also make some adjustments with the interchangeable limbs.
Remember that this bow needs to be unstrung when not in use. Otherwise, you may end up damaging it. The bow is easy to put together, anyway, so there's not much to worry about when disassembling it.
Other reasons you should know about this bow:
- Warranty! – this bow comes with a one-year manufacturer warranty for online purchases!
- Pay Attention to the Extras – although the bow does come packed with extras, take note that you may need to give time the string to stretch.
- Custom-Friendly – given the adaptive nature of this bow, you can equip just as much additional enhancements as you need (such as a stabilizer, quiver, etc.)
- Reliable Target Shooter – this bow is designed specifically to offer accurate and consistent shots – necessities you need in target archery.
KESHES Takedown Hunting Recurve Bow Review
Another bow that works best for both hunting and target shooting. The KESHES Takedown Hunting Recurve Bow is the type of gear that will adjust to your own unique archery style.
The bow adapts to you, and not the other way around. You can buy replacement limbs for it if you'd prefer a smaller or bigger size. Also, various draw weight settings allow you to get the right poundage you'll be comfortable working around with.
Take note that this bow does not come with arrows nor a nock. However, the bow does offer a rigid, accurate, and straight shooting performance. Additionally, the bow's takedown feature also makes it a mobile and lightweight archery gear to have.
Here are other highlights this bow has to offer:
- Warranty – arguably one of the most important factors any archery gear can offer you. This bow comes with a 100% satisfaction guarantee that allows owners a full refund!
- Double Quality Check – although a US company, the bow is manufactured in China. The bow does go through a strict – and double – quality process to assure that everything is in working and capable order.
- Made to be Customized – the bow is a DIY archer's delight! Aside from the pre-installed features, the bow can be further expanded with no risk or loss of optimum performance.
Courage SAS 60" Hunting Takedown Recurve Archery Bow Review
One of the best target recurve bows for beginners and pros alike! The Courage SAS 60" Hunting Takedown Recurve Archery Bow doesn't dazzle - because it doesn't need to!
The bow was designed with functionality in mind. A sturdy construction (combination of fiberglass and wood) offers you a tough and reliable gear in target archery. In fact, different kinds of wood were used to assure a stable yet easy-to-use bow.
The bow is lightweight - which really isn't apparent, with its long 60" length. Do take note that the bow has no set draw length, so be ready to make some necessary adjustments to the poundage to properly use it.
This bow does not come with a stringer. So do consider purchasing one separately to properly secure your bow string on it. Arrows also need to be bought separately. The solid wood construction also does not have any pre-drilled holes. You may want to drill some if you do plan to add other accessories.
Some features that you may be interested with this bow are:
- Warranty – this bow is covered with an amazing three-year warranty! This truly gives you the peace of mind that you're covered (and that the manufacturer fully trusts this product to perform!).
- Efficient Customer Support – encounter any problem? Want to find out more on how to make the most out of your bow? Simply contact the manufacturer's efficient customer service for some help!
Toparchery Archery 56" Takedown Hunting Recurve Bow Review
The Toparchery Archery 56" Takedown Hunting Recurve Bow is another great option to have when you're out in the shooting range. Primarily because of it's sturdy construction, you're sure that your bow won't break even when you're going for long practice sessions.
With a total bow length of 56", it's more or less the right size meant for control and stability. Of course, brace height does differ per archer - but rest assured, this is a bow that will conform to your size.
The aluminum construction is top-of-the line, so you are assured that this bow will withstand wear and tear. The fiberglass limbs of this bow come with maple core. These cores allow you to shoot faster.
Check out this bow's other features:
- Meant for a Specific Hand Orientation – this bow is specifically made for right-handed shooters!
- Metal Power – get out of the common style of wood finish and the like with this bow. The polished metallic look of this bow is stunning!
- Accessories Needed – the bow is easy to assemble and does come with a hex key, still, you may need to also purchase a stringer to set your bow string just right. No arrows come with this bow.
Southland Archery Supply SAS Spirit 62" Take Down Recurve Bow Review
If you're a tall archer, you'd know that it can be a hassle getting a bow that will actually work for you! But this choice may just be what you're looking for to bring the best out of target archery. The Southland Archery Supply SAS Spirit 62" Take Down Recurve Bow has the right set of goods fit for you!
At 62", this is one of the longest target archery recurve bows in the market. In terms of string and brace height, the bow is at approximately 8" to 8.5". Flexible but strong at the same time, the fiberglass and maple laminations is a good combination that'll result to a reliable and tough bow.
Assembly is relatively easy. With no stringer with the pack, you may find it a hassle if you have no experience stringing a bow manually. The bow does not need to be unstrung after use, so that's one less worry for you to consider. No arrows comes with this bow's purchase.
Target shooting is a breeze with these other features:
- Awesome Warranty – with a three-year warranty, you sure have got something special in this bow!
- Mix of Wood – the bow’s riser is made of choice selections of premium wood – beech, gmelina arborea, and chuglam.
TOPARCHERY Traditional Recurve Bow 53'' Archery Hunting Handmade Horse Bow Review
Old school stylings for target archery, the TOPARCHERY Traditional Recurve Bow 53'' Archery Hunting Handmade Horse Bow is great for the range.
With a poundage of 30 to 50 lbs, this bow can suit many sorts of archery needs. In fact, you may want to get this bow primarily because of its ease of use!
When it comes to style, the bow sure does give out the feel that you're a medieval archer. But more than the wooden finish and great design of the limbs, the manufacturer made sure to integrate excellent and functional parts to help you perform. The tough fiberglass limb does great with the overall look (and performance) when you're aiming and shooting down targets. Faux leather also covers the bow handle for a smooth grip.
Since it's designed to be a traditional bow, you would need to unstring it when not in use. Also, compared to other bows, you may find it difficult to aim at first - there's a learning curve to consider when using traditional types!
Shoot down these other reasons on why you'd want to own this bow:
- Assembly Help – the bow comes with a stringer to help you string it properly.
- Perfect for LARP – need a bow to get complete your medieval look? This is it!
SAS Spirit Jr 54" Beginner Youth Wooden Archery Bow Review
Beginner or youth archers need a bow that will best give them the right feel for target archery. And the SAS Spirit Jr 54" Beginner Youth Wooden Archery Bow is a good choice to do just that.
With just the right bow length, this is one manageable bow. Also, poundage is extremely light, at just 12 to 22 lbs. As such, straight shots are assured with the simple and easy-to-use built of this bow!
Also, the bow has a nice look to it. Crafted out of quality wood and premium European fiberglass, this is a bow that will not break easily. It's also flexible enough!
Take note that the bow does not come with a stringer. So, best to seek out help (or purchase a stringer) when setting this up. Also, take note that the string that comes packed with the bow may be too long. Either you twist it to get to the desired length or get help from a pro shop. Remember as well that you would need to disassemble it when not in use (so, yes, you need to unstring the bow).
Nevertheless, this is a good bow that kids (and beginner archers) will enjoy in target archery!
Start it out right with these other features that this bow can offer:
- Warranty that Cares – this bow has a three-year warranty!
- Comes with pre-installed features – the brass bushings found on this bow are meant for future sight, stabilizer, and more installations.
- Limbs Adjustments – you can order limbs separately if you need to adjust the bow.
SinoArt Falcon 60" Takedown Hunting Recurve Bow Review
For a small company, the SinoArt Falcon 60" Takedown Hunting Recurve Bow performs just as well (or better) with the big names out there. Even for target archery, this is a good bow you can rely on.
The bow is thoughtfully designed to perform at its best. You can see this even during the assembly. Additionally, the bow does come with pre-drilled holes, so you can add sights, stabilizers and other equipment later.
Specifically made for right handed shooters, the bow is made of durable and lightweight materials. The metal construction (which is surprisingly light), will give you a more comfortable feel when taking aim and shooting arrows. Limbs can be purchased separately if you need to adjust weight.
Bring the pedal to the metal with these other features:
- Metal Arts – the bow looks good and performs well at the same time! This recurve bow handle goes through a special aluminum-magnesium alloy forging process. The result? High elasticity, tough construction, yet feels just right handling it!
- Standard Equipment – the bow comes with an arrow rest. Quality may be questionable, though, so you may want to replace it.
- Easy (De)Construction – since you need to unstring the bow when not in use, the manufacturer made the parts as mobile as possible for a hassle-free experience.
Southland Archery Supply SAS Explorer Metal Riser Takedown Recurve Bow Review
Another excellent choice for tall archers, the Southland Archery Supply SAS Explorer Metal Riser Takedown Recurve Bow is just perfect for target archery.
At 66" bow length, this is truly a bow meant for the really tall of you. Additionally, do take note that this bow is specifically crafted for right handed shooters!
Draw weight is relatively light at 22, 26, 30, and 34 lbs. So, control and flexibility is there when going for straight shots. The bow is made out of a tough fiberglass limb that comes with maple laminations. Also, the bow's riser is constructed out of high-quality (and polished) aluminum.
Since it's a takedown bow, you'd need to unstring it when not in use. Assembly is easy, but can be challenging for beginners - the bow does not come with a stringer. This bow also does not come with arrows nor an arrow rest.
Stand tall and take aim with these other features:
- Pick Your Color – there are multiple colors to choose from – G1 Camo, red, blue, black marble, and pink muddy girl!
- Future Customization is Allowed – this recurve bow also comes with pre-drilled holes in the riser. If ever you'd want to go beyond target archery, you can install various gear that will help you out in the wild!
SinoArt 68" Takedown Recurve Bow Review
For serious target archery enthusiasts, you'd want a bow that will go the distance. And the SinoArt 68" Takedown Recurve Bow definitely delivers the goods.
Stability is a main focus for this bow. At a poundage from 18 to 36 pounds, you can very well choose a draw weight that will best suit your needs for target shooting. And since archer comfort is also prioritized with the different draw weight options, this bow has rounded fixtures. It does make sense - the hard edges of limb and riser, when rounded, are more comfortable to manage!
You need to unstring this bow when not in use. Setup is easy, although no instructions are included in the pack. The bow can be further expanded with other equipment with the pre-drilled holes found in the riser.
Excel in target archery with these other features:
- Total package – on its own, this recurve bow is already amazing. But it does come packed with tons of stuff to give you the best target archery experience (stringer, arm guard, bow sight, etc.)!
- Hand Orientation – both left and right handed shooters can use this recurve bow - you can choose when ordering!
Hope you get the right target archery recurve bow for you!
Here are other helpful resources in finding out more about recurve bows for target archery: