To fully use your compound bow you will have to learn more about other archery equipment too. And one important piece of gear that will help you make those shots is a single pin archery sight.
Why single pin sights? As compared to multi pin ones, using a single pin avoids the error of using the wrong pin when aiming. During hunts, using the right pin will matter when marking your target.
And out in the wild, accuracy and speed matters, right?
Also, one pin bow sights allow a higher chance to have more accurate shots, without having to constantly adjust (and fumble) your bow settings.
Other features to look out for when getting a single pin bow sight:
- Bow sights made out of aluminum or stainless steel will not rust.
- Pre-printed yardage marking tapes make your life easier - choose bow sights which have these.
- Double check the warranty - go for the ones with a lifetime warranty.
- Lighting which you can disable is another important feature.
- Most of the sights are available as either right handed or left handed. Make sure you choose the appropriate one.
- Often you can choose between 0.010" or 0.019" pins - this is really a question of preference, you should try both before buying. The 0.010" is less likely to cover the target but could be too small to actually see it.
The bottomline is, a single pin archery sight can help you get the most out of your bow (and to start making more bullseyes). Here are some of our recommendations:
Trophy Ridge Pursuit Vertical Pin Bow Sight Review
Designed to be as a contender in being the best single pin adjustable bow sight in the market, the Trophy Ridge Pursuit Vertical Pin Bow Sight this may be the gear that will transform you into a sharpshooter!
The price may perhaps be the first - and most important - aspect you’d notice about this sight. For an affordable cost, you get to have a reliable and great-looking gear for your bow!
Focusing on reliability, what makes this sight an excellent choice is its adjustable 3rd-axis feature. A user-friendly touch, you would be able to gauge how much you’d need to adjust your shot, by considering several factors such as elevation and wind.
Installation and adjustment is really easy as well. All you need is your handy Allen Wrench and you’d be able to use this sight in no time at all!
Check these other reasons why this may be the best one pin bow sight for you:
- This gear has Delrin bushings - no metal to metal contact for quieter and safer shots!
- Even without the light on, this sight offers bright views!
- Comes as either left - or right handed; make sure you choose the one you need.
Trophy Ridge React-One 1 Pin Bow Sight Review
No frills, yet works just as one of the best 1 pin archery sight in stores right now, the Trophy Ridge React-One 1 Pin Bow Sight is an excellent choice for your bow. This is an inexpensive sight to have that will still deliver the goods.
Adjusting this sight is as simple as it gets. All it takes is to simply turn the knob on the gear. This just means that you don’t need to constantly use an Allen wrench to adjust the sight!
The sight makes use of natural light, so this is a safe option to use for areas (or competitions) where fiber optics aren’t allowed. Even so, clarity and focus are both assured with its stock settings.
Here are other reasons why you ought to choose this bow sight:
- Solid and tough construction - the aluminum casing of the sight will withstand wear and tear.
- The sight's a lightweight option - simply bolt it to your bow and you are good to go. Mounting bolts are included in the pack!
- Comes as either right - or left handed.
TRUGLO Range-Rover Series Review
When it comes to the best single pin bow sights 2019, the TRUGLO Range-Rover Series will definitely make the list. An outstanding sight to consider, you’d be marking you targets with ease with this option.
Meant to fit your shooting style and form, this sight offers great customization settings. This sight does not have a draw weight limit. This means that you can set the sight to your preferred poundage!
For illumination, the sight comes with rheostat light. If you do prefer natural lighting (or if a competition does not allow lighting enhancements), this nifty fixture can be simply removed.
Additionally, purchasing this sight comes with yardage stickers. A universal sight with unlimited customization settings, this just may be a new standard for your bow!
Go hit your target with these other fine factors that this sight has:
- Make sure you choose the sight which suits your handedness - this one comes as either a left- or a right handed version.
- The sight is constructed with an extra-smooth finish. This will assure you of a hassle-free adjustment with just one hand!
- Besides handedness, you can choose the pin size (0.010" or 0.019"), the color, and the level of adjustment for this sight when buying.
TRUGLO Pendulum Ultimate Treestand Bow Sight Review
What is the best single pin bow sight when it comes to treestand varieties? Well, the TRUGLO Pendulum Ultimate Treestand Bow Sight may be one of the leading recommendations!
A practical yet highly-efficient choice, this sight is constructed with durability in mind (the sight is made out of a premium aluminum casing). Additionally, the pin size that comes in the sight is big - at 0.29.
Considering that this is a treestand sight, silence is definitely emphasized. But for conventional archery, the sight's pendulum can be adjusted to suit ground shooting.
Best of all, shooting from an elevated position is easier with this sight. Already on a pivot setting, the sight maintains a vertical position. Adjusting the sight is as simple as raising or lowering the bow.
More information to consider on why you should get this sight now:
- Comes with pre-printed yardage marking tapes.
- For better illumination, this sight also comes with a removable rheostat light (violet).
- Comes with either a fixed or adjustable bracket.
HHA Optimizer Lite Ultra 5000 Sight Left Handed Review
Being a lefty can be a hassle in the world of archery. Considering that most equipment are catered for right handed shooters, finding a sight that will work for your orientation can be a challenge.
So, it's actually nice that the HHA Optimizer Lite Ultra 5000 Sight Left Handed stepped up to the plate. By offering some of the best sight highlight that a lefty can use, it's no wonder that it's considered as one of the top rated single pin bow sights in the industry today.
Worth it's price, this sight is both easy to install and adjust. The 0.019 pin found in this sight offers the right and visible way to aim your prey!
Also, this sight is tough! Made out of 100% aluminum, you are can be sure that this will be able to endure all sorts of elements out in the wild!
Lefty? Shoot your way just the way you want it by finding out other factors this sight has to offer:
- Comes in black.
- A green sight ring offers better illumination when marking your target.
- The pin size is 0.019".
Spot Hogg The Hogg Father Right Hand Wrapped Sight Review
Want the best one pin bow sight? The Spot Hogg The Hogg Father Right Hand Wrapped Sight may actually be considered as a good option!
This sight is known to be Spot Hogg's flagship model. As such, you are can be sure it has the best features (and more) in a reliable bow sight.
The first thing you may notice about this sight is its build. The sight is a bit on the heavy side - however with it's solid construction it can withstand even the harshest conditions outdoors.
Setup is also easy. Installation is a breeze, with simply turning the knob on it to bolt in our out. Adjusting your aim is also very manageable - there are plenty of adjustment on all available axis levels.
Accuracy is probably the best highlight of this sight. Even at 110 yards, you'd be able to hit bullseye!
Some more reasons to use this sight:
- The mounting bracket on the bow sight allows an installation of a tight spot quiver.
- The bow sight comes with a 0.019" pin.
- Comes with a plastic casing to safely secure the bow sight when not in use.
- Note this sight has 3 pin, 5 pin, and double pin versions too.
HHA Optimizer Lite 3019 Review
A living legacy, the HHA Optimizer Lite 3019 may very well be known as one of the top rated single pin bow sights ever made.
With more than two decades in production, this bow sight proves that it has the right kind of stuff. An All-American product, you can be safely assume that only the best and innovative materials are used in its construction. Built with a smooth finish, adjusting this sight on-the-fly is a breeze.
Speaking more about adjustments, this bow sight requires no tools at all when you need to customize settings. Sighting in is simple as well, with the pre-printed tapes that comes with the gear.
All in all, this bow sight proves that all is takes is the most simplest approach to make things work. And with its duration in the industry, who are we to disprove that it isn't a hot piece of equipment to not have?
Living the bow sight dream - here are other reasons why this is a recommended sight:
- This bow sight is constantly voted as one of the best in the industry for more than a decade.
- Given the trust placed on this product's efficiency, the bow sight has a 100% lifetime warranty in place.
Trophy Ridge Clutch 1 Pin Bow Sight Review
Another option that is vying for the best one pin bow sight position is the Trophy Ridge Clutch 1 Pin Bow Sight. A reliable choice for sharper sights, this is an archery gear that can very well be a mainstay in your equipment.
The sight has a 0.019" pin and comes with exciting adjustment features. Adjustments, both in 2nd axis and vertical, are done in a fast and frictionless manner - a must when you need to be on-the-go.
To further help you out, the bow sight also comes with markings to help prevent under or over adjustments.
Additionally, mini adjustments (such as those that focus on elevation) are done in a tool-less fashion. No need for you to lug around your Allen wrench during hunts.
Accuracy is also boosted with the sharp and clear image when using the sight. Get ready to make more shots this bow sight!
Here are several other reasons on what makes this bow sight outstanding:
- The sight is cased in 100% machined aluminum.
- Comes with a bright fiber-optic pin.
- Weight is about 10 ounces.
HHA Optimizer Lite King XL 5519 Sight (KP-XL5519) Review
For another option in the HHA Optimizer series, go for this variant. The HHA Optimizer Lite King XL 5519 Sight KP-XL5519 has some amazing features that is bound to make it a favorite in the archery world.
Adjusting this bow sight to the set yardage is really easy. Turning the dial is all it takes! Additionally, your marksmanship can be readily improved by this piece of gear. From greater illumination (because of the visible pin) to a hassle-free setup, this is a bow sight that both beginners and adults will enjoy.
But if you further need to raise your accuracy, this bow sight also comes with a rheostat ring. This nifty piece of gear allows clearer shots to come into view. A perfect tool to use if you need to make each shot count!
The Royal option - here are other nice reasons to own this bow sight:
- This bow sight comes packed with a bronze pointer.
- Marking tapes are included in the pack as well.
- Built to sustain all sorts of damage that can possibly be encountered in the wild.
- You can choose between 0.010" or 0.019" pin size before purchase.
Trophy Ridge React One Pro Dovetail Bow Sight Review
An excellent choice for best single pin archery sight in the dovetail category is the Trophy Ridge React One Pro Dovetail Bow Sight. With precision emphasized, you can be sure to be hitting more bullseyes with this option!
Sighting in is done with the use of 2 yardage indicators. Adjustments can be done easily, with a simple turn of a dial.
Additionally, the 0.010 pin is visible with its fiber optic construction. A rheostat lighting provides additional visibility when and if you need it.
This bow sight is built tough, constructed with a combination of premium aluminum and stainless steel. If you prefer dovetail bow sights, then make sure to get this one!
Hit more target with this sight. Check out these other points to consider when getting this bow sight:
- The unique React Technology of this bow sight provides a consistent setting for you to stay focused on your prey.
- You don't need tools to make any adjustments on the bow sight.
- The triple-axis leveling assures you of more accurate shots.
- You can choose between 0.010" or 0.019" pin size before the purchase.
Getting the right single pin archery sight may just be the best thing you’ll have for your bow. You’ll be able to both increase your accuracy and confidence with these effective pieces. Make those shots count with our list of recommended bow sights!
Learn more on how beneficial one pin archery sights are:
This Rokslide forum discusses benefits that single pin bow sights bring to the plate .
This nice video explains why switching over to a single pin sight is a good move.
This writeup details more nice features that single pin archery sights provide!